During the Covid-19 pandemic collateral exam work has transitioned to remote work in most cases. In the rare event where circumstances require that an examiner go onsite, the following protocols are mandated for all Cascade employees:
• Physical and social distancing: Stay at least six feet – about two arm’s length – from customers and others whenever possible. Avoid shaking hands or other physical touch. Consider using a friendly tilt of the head as an alternative greeting. Seek to limit the number of people present in-person to less than 10 and avoid meals and other social activities with customers where practicing physical distancing is not possible.
• Face covering: Wear a disposable or cloth face mask when interacting in-person with customers, even if the customer chooses not to wear one. If a customer asks you to remove your face covering during your visit, politely decline and inform them of our policy requiring you to wear yours at all times during your visit with them.
• Self-health check: By entering the customer site, you are representing that you are healthy enough to do so per CDC guidelines. Stay home if you do not feel well or if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. You should also make a reasonable effort to confirm with your customer that no cases of COVID-19 have been reported at the meeting location within the past 14 days. If you have concerns about any symptoms your customer is displaying, it is okay to recommend rescheduling the in-person meeting for a later date.
• Hygiene practices: Use hand sanitizer before you enter the customer site and after coming in contact with any high-touch surfaces, such as elevator buttons, doorknobs, etc. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer immediately after you leave the site. Take preventive actions to stop the spread of germs, avoid sharing pens and limit the exchange of physical materials where possible.
• Cleaning protocols: Use disinfecting spray or wipes to clean the surface of shared items. If the customer does not have these cleaning supplies readily available, use hand sanitizer or wash your hands after coming in contact with these items.
• Safety signage: Follow all health and safety instructions posted at the customer site, including elevator capacity limits, entrance and exit signage, etc.